email address parsing routines

Post by Jim Pazaren » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone point me to (or share) some email address parsing routines?

I am permitting users to email from within an application, and would like to
*somewhat* validate the address which they present.

TIA

1. Parsing Email Addresses (RFC822) with C

  i hope either comp.mail.headers or comp.unix.programmer is the correct
newsgroup for my question. if there is a better one i didn't find please let me
know.

  i'm searching for a C function library which can be used to parse email
addresses in To: headers as specified in RFC 822. it should be able to extract
email addresses from a supplied To header and remove all the unecessary data
(like the sender's name) so the email address can be easily processed/logged.
as an example:

these are all valid email addresses due to RFC 822 which would deliver email

seems rather hard - especially in the 4th and 5th case, or in case there are
more then one reciepients in the To field.

if someone knows of a free (GPL'ed) piece of C code which can do this i'd
appreciate the url where it can be downloaded. it would definitelly save me a
few hours of work :)

thanks, max

2. Linux and IP Masquarading

3. Parse file for e-mail addresses

4. Printer Problems, 9.1, cups, Canon, BJC-250

5. extract email from text file and send an email to the email address

6. command like dos's deltree???

7. How to replace all ufs-related addresses with my own routine addresses ?

8. Transmit Timeouts

9. How to replace all UFS related addresses with my own routine addresses ?

10. Need e-mail remailer to send to address in body of e-mail

11. >>>15.4 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES...PLUS OVER $2,000 WORTH OF FREE EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE!

12. WHAT IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS OR THE ADDRESS FOR THE AMD STAFF FOR PROCESSOR REPLACEMENT

13. Can someone help me parse from the email