nmakefile

Post by suchita kaundi » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:36:04

Hi.
I am working on an nmakefile such that it picks up all files from the dir
.But,this dir had .c,.sh .tpt files.I cannot hardcode the .c files.But,i
notices if i hardcode :
wizcopy.c as wizcopy and do a build then the executable is generated.
So,basically,i need to get the *.c files copied without  the .c

Please let me if u have any idea how this can be done in nmake....
none of the shell commands will work..

Regards,
SK

nmakefile

Post by Ben Hutching » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:03:18

> Hi.
> I am working on an nmakefile such that it picks up all files from the dir
> .But,this dir had .c,.sh .tpt files.I cannot hardcode the .c files.But,i
> notices if i hardcode :
> wizcopy.c as wizcopy and do a build then the executable is generated.
> So,basically,i need to get the *.c files copied without  the .c
> Please let me if u have any idea how this can be done in nmake....
> none of the shell commands will work..

It's not entirely clear what you want.  If you're saying that each
file in *.c has the code for a complete program, which should be named
after the stem of the source file name, then you can use this rule:

% : %.c

nmakefile

Post by Ben Hutching » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:06:26

[This should supersede my previous article, but my news server doesn't
seem to like superseding.  Aargh.]

> Hi.
> I am working on an nmakefile such that it picks up all files from the dir
> .But,this dir had .c,.sh .tpt files.I cannot hardcode the .c files.But,i
> notices if i hardcode :
> wizcopy.c as wizcopy and do a build then the executable is generated.
> So,basically,i need to get the *.c files copied without  the .c
> Please let me if u have any idea how this can be done in nmake....
> none of the shell commands will work..

It's not entirely clear what you want.  If you're saying that each
file in *.c has the code for a complete program, which should be named
after the stem of the source file name, then you can use this rule:

% : %.c

1. nmakefile

Hi.
I am working on an nmakefile such that it picks up all files from the dir
.But,this dir had .c,.sh .tpt files.I cannot hardcode the .c files.But,i
notices if i hardcode :
wizcopy.c as wizcopy and do a build then the executable is generated.
So,basically,i need to get the *.c files copied with the .c

Please let me if u have any idea how this can be done in nmake....
none of the shell commands will work..

Regards,
SK

2. Help: ADSL bandwidth overhead