Best ways to handle function keys?

Post by Brian Wen » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 02:39:43

  Here's my problem - I'm writing an app that makes use of function
  and extended keys (ie F5, Ctrl-w, etc), and want it to be
  usable on text terminals.  I've seen some stuff that does this,
  but it depends on X to do some keymap translations, displaying text in an
  xterm - I'd like to avoid that.  Is there a "general" way to
  do this?  I've checked out the termcap stuff, and the termcaps
  I have don't seem to have entries for the extended and function
  keys (am I just missing them?).  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

--
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe
 that makes sense.  But the real universe is always one step beyond logic"

1. Painless Ways to Handle Password Expirations

        Is it possible to automatically have account passwords
expire in X number of days or seconds and then get a new lease on
life if the account holder renews his/her password?

        I understand how to cause a password to expire at a given
time or to issue it with a current expiration time to encourage
the user of the account to renew it, but what I want is to be
able to have each password expire after so many days and then get
a new X many days after he or she renews the password.

        I don't care if that time is in seconds, only that the
whole thing work automatically so I don't have to do anything
except reset the occasional customer's password if it gets
too long of tooth and expires.

        Unless I am missing something in the documentation, it
looks like the system administrator has to keep track of
resetting the timers on all the passwords.

--

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Data Communications Group

2. VUE to CDE problem on 10.20

3. Is there ways that apache can handle requests with different priority

4. 3c575 on Dell I-3500 laptop

5. Function keys under X-Windows: Why do the generate the keys they do?

6. KeBugCheck reports NO_MORE_SYSTEM_PTES

7. Function of Keys ALT-CTRL key combinations

8. Wordperfect question

9. Processing arrow keys, function keys, etc.

10. Escape key timing issue and terminal function keys OSR5

11. Mapping keys other than the function keys

12. Distinquishing escape key from arrow and function keys

13. Best ways to increase the security of my linux box