Sockets

Post by Di Mauro Giusepp » Sun, 24 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Is there anybody can help me giving me a good site-address to find information
about sockets.
I ask it because I've to write a program to make a chat line in the local
network of my University. I use the HP/UX.

Sockets

Post by Mark Ha » Sun, 24 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there anybody can help me giving me a good site-address to find information
> about sockets.
> I ask it because I've to write a program to make a chat line in the local
> network of my University. I use the HP/UX.

what a noble goal!  you can read the BSD IPC tutorial, which is how
I learned sockets, from my anon-ftp site:
        neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu:/pub/ipc-tutorial.gz
        neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu:/pub/ipc-tutorial.ps.gz

regards, mark hahn.
--

                                        http://neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu/~hahn/