hacking bash to source conditionally

Post by Eric Smi » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I am continually adding alias commands to my default profile file.
Oftentimes I am in a bash instance that has not sourced the profile file
since the particular alias that I am trying to run has been added.

Now, is it possible to hack the bash - perhaps the source to instruct it
that whenever it cannot find a command it must `. profilefile', then try
the command again?

--
Eric Smith

Tel. 021 236 111

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. DELL Inspirion and linux --XiGraphics X-Server

3. Conditionally adding sources in automake-files

4. Creating a ram drive in UNIX SVR4

5. associative array hack for bash

6. creating .so files

7. hacking bash

8. tftp writing problems...

9. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

10. Bash calls TCL, TCL calls Bash, 2nd Bash never reads input

11. Microsoft SOURCE hacked by terrorists.

12. from where to start hacking tcp/ip protocol source..

13. Obeying a command conditionally on STDIN being nonempty