Q: unSTOPping the child of a traced process

Q: unSTOPping the child of a traced process

Post by Sathaye Sumedh » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 15:57:25

Folks,

I am writing a special purpose de* for a program. I set the program
in `TRACED' mode (via ptrace call to set the trace bit). Then the program
goes ahead and spawns a child. As per `ptrace' call manpage, _all_
children of a traced process "...stop before executing the first
instruction ... showing signal SIGTRAP". Now, I do not want them these
children to stop, but continue the course of execution. How do I do that?
How would a de* like GDB or DBX do that?

Deep appreciations.

--
Sumedh             Sumedh Sathaye       South Carolina Computer Engineering

1. Getting a child and child's child process-id

 Why not just have the parent fork twice ??? Saves a lot of trouble ...
--

#  Have you read your Book In Basic Life Education today ? You should !!  #
#  Any views I express are not necessarily those of Brighton Polytechnic  #

2. Linux Printer

3. Looking for 21066A 233MHZ

4. smail failed to reap child process: No child processes

5. xargs or other loop

6. how to kill a child process that runs other children processes

7. Modem dialing automatically!?

8. siginfo of traced child to parent process

9. How can I set a trace on a child process?

10. child process, child program

11. How to create memory in ptraced child process w/o child source code

12. kill child and its all grad child processes?