learning dbx/adb &c, good books?

Post by Peter L. Hu » Wed, 28 Sep 1994 00:59:39

Hello World,
        Is there a book which one would recommend to someone trying to
learn how to use command line de*s?  Not a programming on unix,
or debugging with a gui, but something specifically useful in the sort
of what you can do with a corefile from a stripped progam & how to do
it sort of overview?

Thanks in advance,
-P.

--
Pete Hurd

Stockholms Universitetet                    Ph# 46-8-16-40-52
Stockholm S-106 91 Sweden                   Fax 46-8-16-77-15

1. Any Good Books To Learn Unix??

  Help Please

  I would like to learn unix (hear there are lots of jobs??) and was
wondering if there was any way to run unix while running Win. 95. For
example could you make a directory to put unix in and play around with.
Or maybe a second hard drive on same machine and switch over to it to
learn unix. Or will I need a second  P.C.??

  Also would anyone know of any good books or videos from which to help
learn Unix??

  Thanks

  Terry

2. Problem w/ cron jobs

3. good shell-script learning book wanted

4. How to catch tar output

5. Good C books to learn fork and join

6. mupad configuration help needed

7. What's a good book to learn Red Hat 7.2?

8. tracing the startup procedure

9. Good book to learn sysadminning from

10. What is good book for learning SCO Unix

11. Good Book for learning Sun UNIX

12. What's a good book to learn sh?

13. Good books to learn UNIX (Linux) Administration?