SOCKET LIB - (* help *) detecting closed server..

SOCKET LIB - (* help *) detecting closed server..

Post by Nicholas Mist » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 04:32:32

hello,

We have been developing our own Inet Stream Socket Library (connection
orientatied) , involving error checking.  We would like to be able to
detect if we have lost our connection between the client and server.

If anyone out there knows how to do this, plese let me know.

thank you

Nick Mistry
Nicholas Mistry                         Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory

Phone: 617 496 7762                     Cambridge, MA  02138  USA
Fax: 617 495 7040
url: http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~mistry

1. Sockets: server close leaves socket bound?

I have a server listening on a bound socket.  I accept a connection.
No matter what I do at this point, if the server closes the connection
before the client it leaves the socket in a messy state and I have to wait
for the system to clean it up before another process can bind to that socket
again.

Is there something that I should be doing aside from close(fd) ?

Pat

2. Interface hall of shame.

3. Detecting socket closed by firewall

4. pr -$0 -t -l1 $*

5. detecting a socket close on the other side

6. NCR PCI SCSI Driver Crashes...

7. Detect the socket been closed..

8. CERN WWW Server status

9. How to detect when socket connection closes?

10. Detecting streams socket closed??

11. detecting when the other end of a socket is close'd

12. detecting closing sockets

13. detecting inetd client has closed socket