Need the source code for rand() function.

Need the source code for rand() function.

Post by Rafique Mahmo » Sat, 22 Aug 1992 00:41:57

I need the source code of rand() function call. If anyone has the source code or
can tell me where to find it I will appreciate that.

Please email the answer. Thanks.

Rafique J. Mahmood

1. Where to find the source code for the standard C library function gmatch?

Hello All

I wonder if anyone have knowledge of the existence of the source code for
the gmatch function in the standard C library function on a UNIX system:

Here is a snapshot of the man page for gmatch:

C Library Functions                                    gmatch(3G)

NAME
     gmatch - shell global pattern matching

SYNOPSIS
     cc [ flag ... ] file ...  -lgen [ library ... ]

     #include <libgen.h>

     int gmatch(const char *str, const char *pattern);

DESCRIPTION
     gmatch()  checks  whether  the  null-terminated  string  str
     matches the null-terminated pattern string pattern.  See the
     sh(1) section File Name Generation for a discussion of  pat-
     tern matching.  A backslash (\) is used as an escape charac-
     ter in pattern strings.

RETURN VALUES
     gmatch() returns non-zero if the pattern matches the string,
     zero if the pattern does not.

EXAMPLE
     In the following example, gmatch() returns  non-zero  (true)
     for all strings with "a" or "-" as their last character.
          char *s;
          gmatch (s, "*[a\-]" )

ATTRIBUTES
     See attributes(5) for descriptions of the  following  attri-
     butes:

     __________________________________
    | ATTRIBUTE TYPE|  ATTRIBUTE VALUE|
    |__________________________________
    | MT-Level      |  MT-Safe        |
    |_______________|_________________|

SEE ALSO
     sh(1), attributes(5)

NOTES
     When compiling  multi-thread  applications,  the  _REENTRANT
     flag  must be defined on the compile line.  This flag should
     only be used in multi-thread applications.

SunOS 5.6           Last change: 29 Dec 1996                    1

Regards,
Peter
______________________________________

 Peter Guldborg Jensen
 ADS Division - Rum 4B 1.33

 TERMA Elektronik AS
 Hovmarken 4-6 - DK-8520 Lystrup
 Tlf.: 8743 6000 - Fax: 8743 6001
______________________________________

2. PPP default route problems??

3. where to find the source code of "send" function of TCP?

4. HELP NETSCAPE

5. netscape

6. Source Code for Crypt function under SCO unix

7. How to deny a user access to the Internet?

8. Source code for gethostbyname library function

9. How to extract function prototypes from source code ?

10. Number of source line of codes in a function

11. where to find the source code of "send" function of TCP?

12. Function rand() under AIX 3.2