what library is to be linked when using Socket api ??

Post by Logan Sh » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:20:52

>> What library is to be linked when using "socket" api ??

>What system are you linkining on? If some special library is needed
>for using sockets, it will probably be specified in the socket(2) man
>page.

Or the socket(3SOCKET) manual page on Solaris (one of the most common
versions where a "-l" is needed).

  - Logan
--
"In order to be prepared to hope in what does not deceive,
 we must first lose hope in everything that deceives."

                                          Georges Bernanos

what library is to be linked when using Socket api ??

Post by Kim, Jeong-Hwa » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:34:40

Hi, everyone

What library is to be linked when using "socket" api ??

Thanks in advance

Kim

Post by j.. » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:08:40

> What library is to be linked when using "socket" api ??

What system are you linkining on? If some special library is needed
for using sockets, it will probably be specified in the socket(2) man
page.

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. PCMCIA CD-ROM not supported

3. Linux 2.4.1ac17

5. CERT Sendmail advisory - Implementation problem

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. Any thoughts on Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Solaris?

11. I am si**y am I?

12. sockets: what am I missing?