Questions regarding recognizing control/escape characters.

Questions regarding recognizing control/escape characters.

Post by Venkat Atti » Fri, 15 Jul 1994 23:25:14

Hello,

I am looking for information as to how my program can recognise keys like
F1, F2, etc., Where can I find such documentation? At this time I am looking
for information for AIX/RS6000, but any general reference is appreciated.

Similarly, how can I recognize escape sequences, arrow keys, etc?

Thanks,

Venkat.

Questions regarding recognizing control/escape characters.

Post by Dennis Tayl » Sat, 16 Jul 1994 11:36:55

Quote:>I am looking for information as to how my program can recognise keys like
>F1, F2, etc., Where can I find such documentation? At this time I am
looking
>for information for AIX/RS6000, but any general reference is appreciated.

>Similarly, how can I recognize escape sequences, arrow keys, etc?

>Thanks,

>Venkat.

terminal or console? willing to use termcap? hardwiring the terminal or
using TERM variable? I did a thing once where i read in termcap, found the
terminal entry, built an in-memory lex table, and interpreted bytes as they
came in. That works. may be overkill. whats your app?

1. question regarding escaping characters

hi,

I'm change some file permissions from a cron job using the following

        #!/bin/tcsh

        # ok find only files and add write permissions for the user and
group
        chmod ug+w `find $PWD -type "f"`

    The problem is that I will find files named like this.

        'how this works.txt'
    now
         chmod ug+w how this works.txt
    produces
        [muscles:/Volumes/Bones/Exercises] admin% chmod ug+w how this
works.txt
        chmod: how: No such file or directory
        chmod: this: No such file or directory
        chmod: works.txt: No such file or directory

    chmod expects ?how\ this\ works.txt1

        do you know of a way of getting this?

thx

2. NEED HELP! PLEASE... :-)

3. echo special escape characters are not being recognized??

4. PPP Dialing for Internet connection

5. add control characters using sed with escape sequences?

6. Shell Script Problem using Sed (another!)

7. Using sed with control/escape characters

8. Optical drives -- how to use

9. Apache: escaping control characters in logs

10. mapping escape sequences to control characters in KSH

11. ZMODEM version differences; Escape Control Characters

12. Escape character control

13. looking for an escape function (ansi c) to escape characters for usage in an URL