UNIX Engineer - Software Engineer

Post by Duane Park » Fri, 09 Aug 1996 04:00:00

POSITION:
UNIX Engineer / Software Engineer

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Develops device drivers for a wide variety of UNIX/WindowsNT operating
systems. This is a full-time position.

REQUIREMENTS:
BSCS or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience with C programming
of device drivers or OS internals in a UNIX environment. Coding
experience in one or more of these areas will be a definite plus: SCSI,
Ethernet, PCI, serial communications.
LOCATION:
Champaign, Illinois

WHO WE ARE:
Central Data is a major player in the multiport serial communication and
I/O subsystem portion of the workstation/ server marketplace. We offer
competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant work environment
in a community with a world class university.

If you are ready to build a future with a company that will appreciate
you, contact me:

Duane Parks, VP of Engineering
Central Data Corporation
1602 Newton Drive
Champaign, IL 61821
PH(217) 366-9206
FAX (217) 359-6904

Check out our website at http://www.cd.com/

UNIX Engineer - Software Engineer

Post by Sanfor » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Please find my enclosed resume.

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz

> POSITION:
> UNIX Engineer / Software Engineer

> JOB DESCRIPTION:
> Develops device drivers for a wide variety of UNIX/WindowsNT operating
> systems. This is a full-time position.

> REQUIREMENTS:
> BSCS or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience with C programming
> of device drivers or OS internals in a UNIX environment. Coding
> experience in one or more of these areas will be a definite plus: SCSI,
> Ethernet, PCI, serial communications.
> LOCATION:
> Champaign, Illinois

> WHO WE ARE:
> Central Data is a major player in the multiport serial communication and
> I/O subsystem portion of the workstation/ server marketplace. We offer
> competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant work environment
> in a community with a world class university.

> If you are ready to build a future with a company that will appreciate
> you, contact me:

> Duane Parks, VP of Engineering
> Central Data Corporation
> 1602 Newton Drive
> Champaign, IL 61821
> PH(217) 366-9206
> FAX (217) 359-6904

> Check out our website at http://www.cd.com/

[ SJZ.TXT 4K ]
Experience Summary

Mr. Zelkovitz has over 20 years of UNIX application, porting, and device driver development experience.  He has ported applications and systems across IBM, Cray, DEC, SUN, HP/Apollo, Data General, and AT&T platforms, as well as developed telecommunications software.  He has extensive experience with C, system administration,  and UNIX internals, and has developed and taught C and UNIX coursework.

Sanford J. Zelkovitz
4530 Eileen Court
Colorado Springs, CO  80919

(719)-548-9971

                                                                                            ______________________

Education

M.S., Mathematics, University of Maryland

BSEE  University of Maryland

Technical Experience

Hardware:  IBM PCs and clones, RISC6000, Cray Superserver, IBM 370, DEC VAX 11/780/750, PDP 11, Data General, AT&T 3B2, SunStation and server, HP/Apollo, Motorola 68xxx

Languages:  C,  C++, FORTRAN, ALGOL, Pascal, Basic, Assembly

Software:  Suntools, X-Windows, UNIX shells, kernel, commands, POSIX, TCP/IP

Operating Systems:  UNIX (and internals), AIX, Solaris, SunOS, Ultrix, XENIX, VMS, VM, MVS, RT-11, RSX-11, MS-DOS, Windows 3.1

Relevant Project Experience

1994 to Present

For Aspen Systems Corporation, Mr. Zelkovitz  is assigned to MCI at Colorado Springs, CO. performing development and system administration for the Horizon project. He is presently assigned to the Infrastructure group where he is developing client/server software for the Cray Superserver and IBM RS6000. He also performs the system administration duties for the Cray Superserver, IBM RS6000s, Sun Sparc Servers, Sun Sparc Stations, and Pentium/Solaris work stations in the Infrastructure lab.

In addition to his MCI duties, Mr. Zelkovitz is the Aspen on-site manager for all Aspen employees located in the Colorado Springs, CO area.

1993 - 1994

Mr. Zelkovitz provided consulting support to American Honda, and was responsible for project management and system administration for an IBM RISC6000 installation.  He also developed a dealer data communications system that involved networking, database management, and device drivers.

1992 - 1993

He was a project manager for Quotron Systems, Inc. and directed the development of a stock market software system for the IBM RISC6000 under AIX.  He also wrote the device drivers.

1991 - 1992

He was a software engineer at Pande Inc., and performed SVR4-MP kernel porting at NCR/Teradata for assembly language components and specific parts of the VM, IO, and FS kernel areas.  He also ported the commands, libraries, and device drivers.  He wrote an analysis of a Litton/IA, UDP/IP, and TCP/IP implementation, and developed UNIX coursework which he taught with C.

1989 - 1991

He was a software engineer for Braintec Corporation and was assigned to the AIX kernel porting team.  He merged AIX1.1, SVR3, SVR2, BSD4.2, and BSD4.3, as well as client distributed processing software in order to generate the new AIX370 kernel.  He was also responsible for ensuring POSIX compliance across commands, libraries, and headers.

1988 - 1989

He was a software engineer at Excellon-Photonics and was responsible for UNIX/XENIX device drivers, UNIX application ports, kernel tailoring, and specialized user interface software.  He managed eight programmers as part of this effort.

1986 - 1988

As manager of Alpha Computer Service, he implemented XENIX enhancements for Microsoft, compiler ports for Microport/Ryan-McFarland, and other specialized UNIX device drivers for third-party hardware vendors.  He supervised four programmers.

1985 - 1986

He was the director of engineering for Tustin Electronics and was responsible for all company hardware and software.

1972 - 1985

He was the lead/supervising software engineering for Rockwell International, and was responsible for software development in the environment test laboratories.  He was primarily involved in software relating to B-1 Bomber and Space Shuttle model testing.  He wrote UNIX device drivers and time services analysis application software.
??

Aspen Systems Corporation       (800) 638-2784

1. VA - Senior Unix Software Design Engineer - Wanted!!

Our client is looking for motivated Senior Unix Software Design Engineers
who want to be a part of a high-paced seasoned team of professionals
building sophisticated yet easy to use, highly interactive yet
cross-platform, powerful yet high-performance Business Intelligence
Products.

Job Duties (include but not limited to):

- Expert-Level Senior UNIX Software Engineer to develop and maintain
Intelligence Server in a high-availability, high-performance environment.
- Lead at a technical level the design, development, testing and debugging
of Server software in UNIX platforms.
- Take ownership of cross team problems and product delivery issues.
Pro-actively communicate across team to coordinate activities.

Requirements:

- Education: M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering is required.  Ph.D. is
a plus.

 Experience:
- Minimum 5 years "hands-on" experience in developing large multi-threaded
server software in at least one of following UNIX platforms: SolarisT, AIXT,
and HP-UX?.
- Expert-level C++ development skills, including familiarity with STL,
exception handling,
  namespaces, and ClearCase. Strong Object-oriented design and development
skills.
- Expert-level knowledge in UNIX kernel and system API, including memory and
resource
  management, multi-threaded programming, network, file systems, and
internationalization.
- Expert-level experience of UNIX development environment (such as Forte and
VisualAge), compiler (such as gnu), Makefile and shell scripts.
Cross-platform development experience desirable.
- Expert-level experience of UNIX system debugging methodology and tools,
such as kdb/adb, dbx.
- Expert-level skills and methodology in performance turning for large
multi-threaded 7x24 UNIX Software system.
- Knowledge of UNIX executable binary format, assembly language, machine
architecture, and UNIX   VMM capability is a plus.
- Experience of UNIX system administration is a plus.

--
Best Regards,

Robert Braudy
tel.416.-482-3939
fax.416.486.5748

2. test

3. VA - Wanted - Senior Unix Software Design Engineer

4. Sample status monitoring shell script.

5. VA - Wanted Senior Unix Software Design Engineer

6. Lex reentrant

7. JOBS - SOFTWARE ENGINEERS - C++ , UNIX , MOTIF

8. Wanted: Kernel-SCSI-Tap for reverse engineering of SCSI SCANNER

9. UNIX Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, Texas

10. UNIX Software QA Engineer, Sunnyvale, CA

11. UNIX Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, Texas

12. Unix Software Engineer position ...

13. UNIX Senior System Software Engineer