need some code

Post by Zachary Ura » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 02:53:40

I would like some C code that will tell how long it takes for a
program to execute. Also would like to see simple client/server
socket code. Also does anyone have a program that will display
all system messages (SYSLOG, etc.) to an xterm and will beep when
something important comes up (i.e. an error or someone is trying
break in to machine).

Zach

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have faith." - John 20:29

need some code

Post by Simon Marches » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:59:30

> I would like some C code that will tell how long it takes for a
> program to execute.

GNU time

Quote:> Also would like to see simple client/server
> socket code.

W Richard Stevens "UNIX Network Programming"