msgs program wanted

Post by Jonathan I. Kame » Thu, 27 Jun 1991 08:12:50

|> .include <bsd.prog.mk>
|>
|> bsd.prog.mk ??  My compiler says unexpected end-of-line error.  I'm confused
|> to what this makefile means?  Can any one help or send the msgs source that
|> I can work with?  Thanks much...

I posted this in April in comp.unix.programmer:

4.3reno comes with an enhanced version of make, called pmake, which deals with
directives such as ".include" and ".if" in Makefiles.  The standard
Make include files are in share/mk in the 4.3reno sources.  The sources to the
modified make are in usr.bin/make; furthermore, there are several anonymous
ftp sites that archive it (ask archie for "pmake").

--

msgs program wanted

Post by Dan Bernste » Thu, 27 Jun 1991 16:49:56

Quote:> 4.3reno comes with an enhanced version of make, called pmake, which deals with
> directives such as ".include" and ".if" in Makefiles.  The standard
> Make include files are in share/mk in the 4.3reno sources.  The sources to the
> modified make are in usr.bin/make; furthermore, there are several anonymous
> ftp sites that archive it (ask archie for "pmake").

More to the point, if you just want the sources that have always worked
under 4.3, and you don't want to bring up half of 4.3-Reno's programs,
libraries, and kernel just to compile one tiny little utility, grab the
real 4.3 sources from gatekeeper.dec.com. Blessed be whoever at DEC
decided to preserve this bastion of compatibility.

---Dan

msgs program wanted

Post by Patrick L. Nol » Fri, 28 Jun 1991 01:37:29

>> 4.3reno comes with an enhanced version of make, called pmake, which deals with
>> directives such as ".include" and ".if" in Makefiles.  The standard
>> Make include files are in share/mk in the 4.3reno sources.  The sources to the
>> modified make are in usr.bin/make; furthermore, there are several anonymous
>> ftp sites that archive it (ask archie for "pmake").
>More to the point, if you just want the sources that have always worked
>under 4.3, and you don't want to bring up half of 4.3-Reno's programs,
>libraries, and kernel just to compile one tiny little utility, grab the
>real 4.3 sources from gatekeeper.dec.com. Blessed be whoever at DEC
>decided to preserve this bastion of compatibility.
>---Dan

I just checked gatekeeper.dec.com, and there's no sign of source code
for msgs anywhere in the ls-lR file.
--
*   Patrick L. Nolan            (415)723-0133                 *
*   W. W. Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory (HEPL)       *

1. /usr/bin/msgs and permissions on /var/msgs

When I tried using msgs vie the sendmail-aliases I keep getting
"permission denied" errors on /var/msgs. It seems msgs is right:
sendmail is running as root but permissions are
drwxr-xr-x   2 daemon  wheel      512 Jan 12 19:41 msgs

As this is an almost freshly installed system, I dont think I changed
permission accidently. Any comments on this before I file a PR?
What should be the fix? Changing the group or the owner?
--
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}!

2. Help trying to Install Red Hat 5.2

3. system msgs (/var/msgs)

4. writing a daemon

5. who has a msgs program for solaris 2.3?

6. Slow copying from NetApp filer

7. how to get exitcode or error msgs from a program?

8. SIOCSIFADDR:No such device

9. Where can i find a program which reads email, filters, & convert msgs to txt?

10. APPC ( Advanched Program to Program Communication ) info wanted

11. Wanted dual cpu monitor program..

12. WANTED: SLIP users to test X Dialer program

13. WANTED: testers with PPRO for audio program