Change shell script to C ?

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 04:51:42

[f-u set]

Quote:>In the past, I using shell script to writing system job such as following
>-         check report status
>-         ftp process and check ftp completed status
>-         Send mail
>Now, I want using C to perform same job
>I want to know it is possible to change to C ?

certainly it's possible -- all those programs that your shell script
invoked, as well as the shell itself, were probably written in c.

--
okay, have a sig then

1. handling SIGINT in shell scripts when executing another shell script.

I have a simple shell script foo1.sh that invokes another shell script
foo2.sh, something like below:

#!/bin/sh
SIGINT_handler()
{
  echo "## [$DATE_TIME]  User interrupt ignored,"
  continue
trap SIGINT_handler 2

./foo2.sh

----------
while executing foo1.sh, if the script receives SIGINT, how do I ignore
the SIGINT in foo2.sh ? somehow foo2.sh does not finish to completion
and is killed after receiving SIGINT. but foo1.sh is still executing.
Is there any way to trap this signal in the child script. ? Please
share your thots and inputs on this topic.
Regards,
Vikram Shekhar

2. NETWORLD + INTEROP SINGAPORE

3. Q: How can I have a shell script call another shell script...

4. AIX Maintenance Level ....

5. Shell script invoking other shell scripts

6. RedHat 2.1: Kernel will not compile.

7. Convert Bash shell script to Korn shell script

8. OpenLInux and Epson Stylus Color 800

9. Shell Script Help (C-Shell Script)

10. How to pass a variable from a shell script to another shell script...

11. Shell script acting as interactive shell - $0 not script name??

12. shell script within shell script (general question)

13. bash shell scripting: Can I change how "for x in list" parses list?