How to automount an NFS?

Post by Terry Asher alias - The Pengu » Thu, 24 Dec 1992 07:13:02

   I am trying to automount wuarchive.wustl.edu on /stl.  When I give the
command automount -f auto -M /stl and then cd to /stl and say ls I get nothing.
My auto file in /etc looks like this:
/stl           -ro             wuarchive.wustl.edu:/archive/graphics/gif
I have also tried the command:
automount -M /stl and still no go.
   I want to automount rather than mount because if wuarchive goes down then
it adversely affects my Unix system.  Thanks for any help.

1. automount Q3: nfs

How does this happen?

maximus> ls /nfs/alaric/..
ls: /nfs/alaric/..: Permission denied

alaric is a host, and /nfs is the automap directory for hosts.  Everything
in /nfs/alaric is visible just fine, except for alaric/..

2. variables in sed

3. amd cdrom automount & nfs export....

4. DNEWS NNTP News Server Monthly FAQ

5. automount & NFS

6. Need to see my PCs in Linux

7. automount, cachefs, nfs - not cached?!

8. mail notification stopped rh 7.0

9. How to automount an NFS?

10. am-utils automount only NFS ?

11. How to automount an NFS?