How one write an application that is directory structure independent from # include & libray files

How one write an application that is directory structure independent from # include & libray files

Post by a.k.a » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi Guys

How do I get the compiler to search for both .h & .a(library files) files in
directories other than the standard compiler directories.

Post by Fine China Blue Porcela » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

/ How do I get the compiler to search for both .h & .a(library files) files in
/ directories other than the standard compiler directories.

Every unix cc I know allows -I for additional include file directories and
-L for additional library directories. The directory is included directly
after the letter as in

    cc -I../localinclude -I/mimsy/place/include -L. -L/mimsy/place/lib -o
crom xyz.c -lborogrove

This leaves the standard include and library path in place to be searched.
Some compilers also let you turn these off, perhaps --nostdinc, perhaps
elseways. You'll need to study the man page for your specific compiler.

--
CACS: Collective Against Consensual Sanity       v0.123
Now a text site map! http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/cacs/

Post by Henning Makhol » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> How do I get the compiler to search for both .h & .a(library files) files in
> directories other than the standard compiler directories.

If it's a C compiler then RTFM. Look for the D and I options.

--
Henning Makholm                             "Det er du nok fandens ene om at
                                         mene. For det ligger i Australien!"

1. Batch rename of files including directory structure

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to do a large batch rename (and move) of
files using UNIX tools, and for the life of me can't figure out how to
write a good script for it.

I want to begin in a given directory, and rename all files within each
subdirectory, and move these files into the current directory.  I want
to use the directory tree as part of the final file name.  For
example:

Working directory: /temp

Files:
/temp/dir1/test1/test.pdf
/temp/dir1/test1/2.pdf
/temp/dir2/test/1.pdf

Would become:
dir1_test1_test1.pdf
dir1_test1_2.pdf
dir2_test_1.pdf

All of these files would then be stored into the working directory.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to go about writing a shell
script for this procedure, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

2. How to get solaris version ?

3. creating directory structure & moving files

4. Q: setgid error

5. copying a directory structure with a particular file in directories below

6. weird newbie apache problem - please help

7. include directory structure

8. How to make SymLink Permission same as Direct Link?

9. Optimal directory structure for applications

10. deleting a line in a file, where file is in directory structure

11. R&A ANNOUNCES ZEND: A FREE FILE/DIRECTORY DISTRIBUTION APPLICATION & DRIVER

12. Copy entire directory structure from one system to another (Solaris v2.5.1)

13. find files in one directory to use to search through another directory