TLI Network Programming Question

Post by Allan G. Schru » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have a C program written to use TLI networking interface (not XTI). It
uses /dev/tcp COTS. I would like to set the equivalent TCP/socket option
of REUSEADDR. This program is a network server program listening for
clients and use of the REUSEADDR option is helpful in recovering from
failures. Any ideas or examples to work from. This software is running
on Solaris 5.7 and Sun's documentation web site is not too helpful.

Thanks,

-Allan

Post by Derek M. Fly » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> > I have a C program written to use TLI networking interface (not XTI). It
> > uses /dev/tcp COTS. I would like to set the equivalent TCP/socket option
> > of REUSEADDR. This program is a network server program listening for
> > clients and use of the REUSEADDR option is helpful in recovering from
> > failures. Any ideas or examples to work from. This software is running
> > on Solaris 5.7 and Sun's documentation web site is not too helpful.

> I think this will help.  Look for T_IP_REUSEADDR:

>   http://www.opennc.org/orc/DOCS/XNS/text/apdxb.htm

Oops.  This is for XTI.

-Derek

TLI Network Programming Question

Post by Derek M. Fly » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I have a C program written to use TLI networking interface (not XTI). It
> uses /dev/tcp COTS. I would like to set the equivalent TCP/socket option
> of REUSEADDR. This program is a network server program listening for
> clients and use of the REUSEADDR option is helpful in recovering from
> failures. Any ideas or examples to work from. This software is running
> on Solaris 5.7 and Sun's documentation web site is not too helpful.

I think this will help.  Look for T_IP_REUSEADDR:

  http://www.opennc.org/orc/DOCS/XNS/text/apdxb.htm

-Derek

1. TLI Network Programming Question: REUSEADDR

I have a C program written to use TLI networking interface (not XTI). It

uses /dev/tcp COTS. I would like to set the equivalent TCP/socket option

of REUSEADDR. This program is a network server program listening for
clients and use of the REUSEADDR option is helpful in recovering from
failures. Any ideas or examples to work from. This software is running
on SunOS 5.7 and Sun's documentation web site is not too helpful.

Thanks,

-Allan

2. Ktk 0.4: KDE look for Tixwish apps

3. TLI or only socket network programming

4. RedHat Installation, help!

5. Looking for information on TLI Network programming in Linux

6. Recommend Mail / Newsreader to Newbie

7. TLI network programming in LINUX

8. Allocated swap less than allocated partition

9. Unix TLI Network Programming

10. TLI programming question

11. Linux programming question / Network Programming

12. TLI: Provider tcp, FIN_WAIT_2 problem, how set SO_REUSEADDR in TLI

13. SysV TLI kernel programming