UNIX IPC

Post by david.j.phel » Wed, 23 Dec 1992 00:27:06

Hello all,

I am a student studying for a degree in Real-time computing and I
have a project to do concerning Inter Process Communication under
the UNIX operating system. I am finding it difficult to find evaluative
information on this subject. In particular message passing, semaphores
and shared memory. The kind of information I need is the problems
associated with using them.

Could you please reply to my e-mail address at the end of this
mail, thanks.

I would be very grateful if anyone could be of help.

Thanks in advance,

David Phelps

1. Are UNIX IPC message queues bad?

Hi,
Are UNIX IPC message queues bad?
I was about to implement a message-passing application
using the message queues, but was stopped short by very
negative opinions in two books "Advanced Unix Programming"
by Rochkind, and "Advanced Programming in UNIX" by Stevens.

Can anyone comment from experience?
thanks,
Anil Philip

2. Red Hat Linux 9 (kernel 2.4.20-8) on Nokia IP330: "Invalid EEPROM checksum 0xff00" or "Corrupted EEPROM" with EtherExpress Pro 100 drivers

3. Unix IPC Resource Limit

4. Sound Blaster Live + SMP kernel

5. Higher-level Unix IPC mechanisms

6. Need to re-install after upgrading RAM ?

7. Unix IPC on a PC Question

8. PPP-Server

9. Unix Ipc's

10. unix ipc programming books & free manuals on the web wanted

11. Unix Ipc limitations and problems.

12. Unix IPC's

13. portability of unix ipc