How to get CPU, Memory, Disk Utilization on HP-UX 11.x

How to get CPU, Memory, Disk Utilization on HP-UX 11.x

Post by Michael W. Jenkin » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I would like to know how to get the CPU, Memory, Disk and Virtual memory
utilizations on HP-UX 11.x.  HP support has told me to try to use
pstat_xxx calls to get the info.  I think I need pstat_getdynamic and
maybe pstat_getprocessor.  But how do I use the data to get what I
need?  I want the % of utilization just like it does in Glance.  Of
course they wont tell me how they do that.  Any one have ideas.  Please
let me know.  I need to be able to do it using C language and with or
without an API.

How to get CPU, Memory, Disk Utilization on HP-UX 11.x

Post by Michel Tugay » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I only know about hpux10.20 :
I tried to find how to get these metrics too.
It's possible to do it with C programming but I can't remember where I put
the
doc about it. It's somewhere on docs.hp.com but long to find.
Try using the adviser.syntax file if glance is available on your system.

Quote:> I would like to know how to get the CPU, Memory, Disk and Virtual memory
> utilizations on HP-UX 11.x.  HP support has told me to try to use
> pstat_xxx calls to get the info.  I think I need pstat_getdynamic and
> maybe pstat_getprocessor.  But how do I use the data to get what I
> need?  I want the % of utilization just like it does in Glance.  Of
> course they wont tell me how they do that.  Any one have ideas.  Please
> let me know.  I need to be able to do it using C language and with or
> without an API.

How to get CPU, Memory, Disk Utilization on HP-UX 11.x

Post by Michael W. Jenkin » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Michel.Tugaye:
I could not respond to you via e-mail.  Could you please send me an e-mail
so I can respond and ask you more like what the document name might be?

> I would like to know how to get the CPU, Memory, Disk and Virtual memory
> utilizations on HP-UX 11.x.  HP support has told me to try to use
> pstat_xxx calls to get the info.  I think I need pstat_getdynamic and
> maybe pstat_getprocessor.  But how do I use the data to get what I
> need?  I want the % of utilization just like it does in Glance.  Of
> course they wont tell me how they do that.  Any one have ideas.  Please
> let me know.  I need to be able to do it using C language and with or
> without an API.

1. How install SSL on HP 580 HP-UX 11 with Iplanet 4.1?, pcumming

How install SSL on HP 580 HP-UX 11 with Iplanet 4.1?, pcumming

We use Lawson's HRIS system running on an HP box.

We want to install SSL and of course obtain a certificate from
Verisign.

What are the steps necessary to obtain a certificate and install it
(step by step) on our Unix box as mentioned above running Iplanet 4.0?

Thanks very much for an email reply (if not too much trouble) and
posting.

This is new to us.

Sincerely,
Peter

2. HomePNA device supported in any BSDs???

3. sort filecontent by date

4. HP-UX 11.0 Out of Memory Issues.

5. blender

6. Memory Fault using the copy command (cp) on HP-UX 11.0

7. Adaptec AHA-2944UW on E250

8. lynx for HP-UX 11.x?

9. Audit (log) on HP-UX 11 ?

10. find(1) question on HP-UX 11

11. Compiling Apache 0.8.11 under HP-UX

12. getpwnam fails in setuid program using NIS+ on HP-UX 11