Valid signal set for calls to sigwait on HP-UX?

Valid signal set for calls to sigwait on HP-UX?

Post by John Tresader » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Which signals must NOT be passed in a signal set to the
sigwait() system call on HP-UX (both v10.20 & v11)?
I am receiving an error and EINVAL when calling sigwait
on HP-UX 10.20. I am attempting to wait for ALL signals
apart from SIGVTALRM, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGFPE,
SIGKILL and SIGSTOP.
Which of the remaining signals in the set are invalid
and are causing the generation of EINVAL?

Thanks in advance for any help,

John Tresadern
IBM UK Labs Ltd.

1. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

Hello,

what are the differences between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20?

I ask because one of our customers want to evalute our software
(which was developed on 10.10) on HP-UX 10.20. Is there full
backward compatibility?

Thanks for your helps

        Rainer

Rainer Freis    -       Systemadministrator

santix software GmbH
Max-Planck-Str. 7
D-85716 Unterschleissheim

Phone: (+49) 89 321506-24
Fax  : (+49) 89 321506-99

You don't know what real time-critical software is until
you're responsible for the paychecks of a battalion of
heavily armed Marines.

        (somebody in alt.sysadmin.recovery)

2. Change of address

3. How to get current signal mask under SYS V (solaris or HP-UX 10.x)?

4. Solaris 2.6 x86 video driver for Dell Latitude CP notebook

5. HP-UX signal handling

6. s3 XServer, where?

7. HP-UX 10.10 problems: threads and signals [DCE threads]

8. scsi parity error, incorrect nexus identification on rh71 nfs server

9. tracing system calls on hp-ux

10. System call tracer for HP-UX 9.05?

11. setting time on HP-UX 10.20

12. Simulating device full on HP-UX by setting errno=ENOSPC

13. HP-UX problem setting facilities in syslog.conf