Newbie CVS question

Post by <- Chameleon -> » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:33:59

I know that I am off-topic but I have not found a *CVS* newsgroup and I ask
here. Sorry!

nVidia says that to update NVSDK run these commands:  (ok! OS: Win32!)
------------------------
set CVS_RSH=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSDK\bin\ssh.exe
set HOME=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSDK\bin

 cvs co -kb nvsdk
------------------------

I believe cvs must check cvs/Entries file to decide if must update a file
from cvs server to local or not.
In my case it looks like download whole file from cvs server and check with
local file

What I can do to avoid this? (To force cvs to check only keeped data in
cvs/Entries)
I ask because I have ONLY a 56kbps Modem...

Thanks

Newbie CVS question

Post by <- Chameleon -> » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:39:37

I forgot! It says in console this message (part of output):
-------------------
cvs checkout: move away nvsdk/Common/include/nv_nvbloader/NVBFile.h; it is
in th
e way
C nvsdk/Common/include/nv_nvbloader/NVBFile.h
cvs checkout: move away nvsdk/Common/include/nv_nvbloader/NVBFormat.h; it is
in
the way
C nvsdk/Common/include/nv_nvbloader/NVBFormat.h
-------------------

> I know that I am off-topic but I have not found a *CVS* newsgroup and I
ask
> here. Sorry!

> nVidia says that to update NVSDK run these commands:  (ok! OS: Win32!)
> ------------------------
> set CVS_RSH=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSDK\bin\ssh.exe
> set HOME=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSDK\bin

>  cvs co -kb nvsdk
> ------------------------

> I believe cvs must check cvs/Entries file to decide if must update a file
> from cvs server to local or not.
> In my case it looks like download whole file from cvs server and check
with
> local file

> What I can do to avoid this? (To force cvs to check only keeped data in
> cvs/Entries)
> I ask because I have ONLY a 56kbps Modem...

> Thanks

Newbie CVS question

Post by David Schwart » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:54:26

Quote:> I know that I am off-topic but I have not found a *CVS* newsgroup and I
ask
> here. Sorry!

    There is no excuse for knowingly doing something wrong. You will get no
answers here.

    DS

Newbie CVS question

Post by Anna Se » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:16:25

> I know that I am off-topic but I have not found a *CVS* newsgroup and I ask
> here. Sorry!

gnu.cvs.help
comp.software.config-mgmt

to name a couple

Newbie CVS question

Post by Adrian Parke » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:09:30

> > I know that I am off-topic but I have not found a *CVS* newsgroup and I
> ask
> > here. Sorry!

>     There is no excuse for knowingly doing something wrong. You will get
no
> answers here.

As a priest, I'm amused to ponder what that means for those who smoke,
drink, and are religious at the same time (given their eventual passing, and
judgement).

Adrian

1. Newbie CVS Question

This may sound stupid but I cannot figure out why it doesn't work.

Following the directions on the OpenBSD FAQ about using the OpenBSD CD
(ver 3.0) to extract the initial src and ports checkout seems to work
ok but I can never make any port or make any part of src due to the
following errors.

For ports:

rm: Is a directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/webmin (line 1493 of
/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

and for src:

install -c -s -o root -g bin  -m 555 make /usr/bin
install: make: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/make (line 134 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk).

and what commands should I use to update the src and ports from cvs
after doing a tar -zxvf on src.tar.gz and ports.tar.gz?

Cheers,

Greg Williams

2. VxD and Linux?

3. Another Newbie CVS Question

4. PD Pascal Compiler

5. CVS and RCS newbie install questions.

6. Exchange Server clone for Linux??

7. CVS newbie question.

8. Sun keyboard on a PC, all keys avail?

9. : Newbie question on CVS maintenance of the /usr/src directory

10. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree

11. CVS - Not really FreeBSD, but I expect a few FreeBSD users are familiar with CVS !

12. cvs 1.3 BUG: cvs ci -r after a higher ci...

13. Distributed CVS -- Synchronizing Multiple CVS Repositories