how to "yacc" under Windows ?

Post by Chris K. Yan » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

hi,
    i 've been ever benifited from Lex & Yacc under
unix environment. now i start to development a application
for Windows which needs yacc for construct a grammer
parser. anyone know what's the yacc under Win , or
something alike.  and ... where can i find it ?

Thanks in advance
Chris

how to "yacc" under Windows ?

Post by raou » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I was able to do this on WIN32 with the (even sharing y files and the parsetree with linux).  I used bison that came with CYGWIN32 (www.cygnus.com).  You don't have to use the CYGWIN env to run the bison tool.

  hi,
      i 've been ever benifited from Lex & Yacc under
  unix environment. now i start to development a application
  for Windows which needs yacc for construct a grammer
  parser. anyone know what's the yacc under Win , or
  something alike.  and ... where can i find it ?

  Thanks in advance
  Chris

how to "yacc" under Windows ?

Post by J. Michael Faus » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

You may want to check out ANTLR.  It is another compiler compiler which I have found to be far more powerful and useful than flex/bison (or anything of its ilk).  Check it out at http://www.antlr.org .  I write C++ programs targeted for both NT and Solaris and have had no problems with this tool on both platforms (In fact it will work anywhere you have a c++ compiler and Java).  The beauty of this tool is that the output code is human readable C++ or Java code (it can output either type of code), that is very easy to read through when debugging your compiler.  There is also a very helpful community at comp.compilers.tools.pccts (PCCTS was its previous name).

    -Mike

    hi,
        i 've been ever benifited from Lex & Yacc under
    unix environment. now i start to development a application
    for Windows which needs yacc for construct a grammer
    parser. anyone know what's the yacc under Win , or
    something alike.  and ... where can i find it ?

    Thanks in advance
    Chris

how to "yacc" under Windows ?

Post by Erik van Bronkhors » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I don't know about you, but Windows makes me "yacc" everytime
I try to use it.

try looking at
www.gnu.org
for flex and bison

--
Erik van Bronkhorst

The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature
but plunges him more deeply into them.
          -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery, 'Wind, Sand, and Stars.'