HELP! encoding messages for message queues

HELP! encoding messages for message queues

Post by Azar » Thu, 27 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I'm currently coding the communication routines for a university
assignment. I've decided to use message queues for the communications
but have no idea how to encode data structures into the strings to be
passed to the message queue..
I suppose this is more of a C programming question, but thought it
would be appropriate here since you guys would be familar with this
problem.
Can anyone give me some pointers or some source code to give me a head
start?
I intend to send structs and arrays (most of which are <8k)..
Any help much appreciated!

thanks

|| David Vandenberg [ Azaram ]
|| Bachelor of Information Technology 3rd Year
|| University of Queensland, Australia

1. HELP! encoding messages for message queues

I'm currently coding the communication routines for a university
assignment. I've decided to use message queues for the communications
but have no idea how to encode data structures into the strings to be
passed to the message queue..
I suppose this is more of a C programming question, but thought it
would be appropriate here since you guys would be familar with this
problem.
Can anyone give me some pointers or some source code to give me a head
start?
I intend to send structs and arrays (most of which are <8k)..
Any help much appreciated!

thanks

|| David Vandenberg [ Azaram ]
|| Bachelor of Information Technology 3rd Year
|| University of Queensland, Australia

2. KDE / WindowMaker / GNOME

3. HELP!: encoding messages for message queues

4. IP Masq problem

5. Error Message of Message Queue

6. in search of postscript to pdf converter

7. Deleting a message from a message queue??

8. AIX and Stevens book

9. how to see messages in message queue ...

10. Every minute there is a message line in /var/adm/messages file, please help

11. "Message Queue facility inactive" -- HELP!

12. 1 * YfLulSFjn-help queue messages for another domain

13. help queue messages for another domain