DOS floppy disk driver for UNIX

Post by Curtis Genero » Sat, 15 Aug 1992 07:04:33

Does anyone know of where I might find sources for a driver
to read DOS disks from a UNIX machine (preferably BSD and/or
SunOS).  Any pointers/information is appreciated.

--curtis
--
Curtis C. Generous
NASA STI

Post by Jonathan Mag » Sun, 16 Aug 1992 03:52:25

>Does anyone know of where I might find sources for a driver
>to read DOS disks from a UNIX machine (preferably BSD and/or
>SunOS).  Any pointers/information is appreciated.

>--curtis
>--
>Curtis C. Generous
>NASA STI

The Linux Virtual File System  stuff implements this on a kernel level;
Linux is a mostly POSIX system, but perhaps it wouldn't be too difficult
to adapt for BSD.  You can check out the Linux kernel stuff at
tsx-11.mit.edu or reggae.oit.unc.edu.

jem

--

Virtual pizza Delivery (tm)::faxed in 30 cycles or less or you get it
----------------------------------------FREE!!!-----------------------

1. EXCHANGING OPTICAL DISKS : DOS to UNIX / UNIX to DOS

I will be generating a lot of TIF files on a PC based system.
Those files have to get stored on an optical disk that should
be readable by an SGI workstation (UNIX).

Therefore, I need a utility/driver to allow me one of the
following:

a) allow DOS to write on a UNIX partition.

b) allow UNIX to read a DOS partition

Thanks!
 Media-FX                                             Tel:      (514) 278-9496
 5241, St-Andre St.                                   Fax:      (514) 271-9671
 Montreal, Quebec, H2J 3A6

2. UMSDOS: I just don't get it.

3. DOS format floppy disk driver mount problem

4. What is your favorite file manager [repost]?

5. How to export very large file from UNIX to MS DOS via floppy disks

6. kernel 2.5.72 crashes on linux mandrake 9.1

7. searching scsi floppy driver to read dos floppies for sol 2.4

8. Sound&Windowmanager

9. Reading files off a DOS formatted floppy disk

10. How to mount a dos floppy disk to solaris?

11. Any GNU tar utility for DOS that can archive to floppy disk?

12. Problems mounting DOS floppy disk

13. Accessing DOS floppy disks