C Prototype Creation Utility Wanted

Post by JessHol » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 10:38:49

I am in need of a UNIX-ready freeware utility that is more or less
equivalent
to the Think C utility program "Prototype Helper" on the Mac.  For those
not
familiar with this program, it will read an existing C file and create a
filename_proto.h file containing prototypes for the functions in the C
file.  _Optionally_, it will change the C functions from the old K&R
declaration style to the newer inline ANSI C style, i.e.

  foo( a, b, c )
  int a;
  char *b;
  obj *c;
  {
  }

  int foo( int a, char *b, obj *c )
  {
  }

I need such a utility on a UNIX box (HP 715).  I do not _need_ the
function
declaration style to be altered, though the _option_ is nice, but I do
need
function prototypes.  I'd search the archives myself, but AOL isn't THAT
cheap.

Please e-mail any responses.  Many thanks to all pointers,

Jess Holle

Post by Rick Castrap » Mon, 27 Feb 1995 18:20:26

>I am in need of a UNIX-ready freeware utility that is more or less
>equivalent
>to the Think C utility program "Prototype Helper" on the Mac.  For those
>not
>familiar with this program, it will read an existing C file and create a
>filename_proto.h file containing prototypes for the functions in the C
>file.  _Optionally_, it will change the C functions from the old K&R
>declaration style to the newer inline ANSI C style, i.e.
>  foo( a, b, c )
>  int a;
>  char *b;
>  obj *c;
>  {
>  }
>  int foo( int a, char *b, obj *c )
>  {
>  }
>I need such a utility on a UNIX box (HP 715).  I do not _need_ the
>function
>declaration style to be altered, though the _option_ is nice, but I do
>need
>function prototypes.  I'd search the archives myself, but AOL isn't THAT
>cheap.
>Please e-mail any responses.  Many thanks to all pointers,
>Jess Holle

Jess,

There are several prototype generators you can ftp from:

oak.oakland.edu:/pub/unix-c/c.

Rick Castrapel

1. C Prototype Creation Utility Wanted

[...]

2. New: bug in module parameters causes an oops

3. WANTED: person to do graphics prototypes for PD "Civ II"

4. Trio 3D/2X SVGA to Red Hat 6.02

5. No-prototype warning wanted from xlc

6. EISA Bus and linux

7. A request to all mail admins

8. File creation date compare utility

9. ipchains script creation utilities: any recommendations?

10. News batch file creation utility

11. WANTED: recommendations for backup utilities

12. Wanted: GNU utility (similar to sed) to edit text files directly.