my wgetnstr() doesn't work.

Post by Adnan Klancev » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

hi

FACT:  wgetnstr() reads at most n
     characters, thus preventing a possible overflow of the input
     buffer.   The  user's  erase  and kill characters are inter-
     preted, as well as any special keys (such as function  keys,
     HOME key, CLEAR key, etc.).

PROBLEM: this is not the case on my machine running solaris2.5, yet it
works fine on my linux box.  using solaris, the backspace(erase) key is
not interpreted and instead of looping when it reaches n characters,
wgetnstr() simply exits.  Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Please let me know.  I've invested many weeks in learning C and writing
this program, but this is one thing I cannot figure out.  Thanx in advance.

Adnan

my wgetnstr() doesn't work.

Post by robe » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

 >FACT:  wgetnstr() reads at most n characters
 >PROBLEM: this is not the case on my machine running solaris2.5, yet it
 >works fine on my linux box.  using solaris, the backspace(erase) key is
 >not interpreted and instead of looping when it reaches n characters,
 >wgetnstr() simply exits.  Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

I used wgetstr() in some code I made on my Linux machine..however, when I
merged the code with code for a FreeBSD program, I found out that the
FreeBSD ncurses lib didn't even HAVE wgetstr(), even though it was in the
manpages :P Had to make my own *y wgetstr() function...

                                                                robert

1. my wgetnstr() doesn't work.

hi

FACT:  wgetnstr() reads at most n
     characters, thus preventing a possible overflow of the input
     buffer.   The  user's  erase  and kill characters are inter-
     preted, as well as any special keys (such as function  keys,
     HOME key, CLEAR key, etc.).

PROBLEM: this is not the case on my machine running solaris2.5, yet it
works fine on my linux box.  using solaris, the backspace(erase) key is
not interpreted and instead of looping when it reaches n characters,
wgetnstr() simply exits.  Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Please let me know.  I've invested many weeks in learning C and writing
this program, but this is one thing I cannot figure out.  Thanx in advance.

Adnan

2. .Xdefaults?

3. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

4. kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00, sector 0

5. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore

6. VNC

7. : PLIP start up doesn't report problems but also doesn't work?

8. MGA Ultima and XFree86

9. Oh, fooey -- drivers don't work, rpm doesn't work

10. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!

11. 'ppp-on' Works, 'ifup ppp0' Doesn't

12. 'kill -HUP pid' doesn't work for restart!

13. Why doesn't sed 's/$/^M/' work as expected?