How to write a modem port monitor program in unix?

How to write a modem port monitor program in unix?

Post by Weiguo Zha » Sat, 02 Apr 1994 00:49:14

Hello, everyone:

Could you give me some ideas about how to write a port monitor program in unix?
especially how to connect it to the sac process (Service Access Controller).

I tried my own way, but looks like not working well.

If your guys have sample code about this, I really would like to have a look.

The system I use is System V rev4.2.

Any suggestion and ideas is welcom.

Weiguo Zhang
--

1. Question on writing c program implement cp function using UNIX system calls - read, write, etc.

I need to write a c program that will perform like the cp command in UNIX
and copy one file to another. I need to use the UNIX system calls read(),
write(), open(), close(). I know how to open the source file for read access
and destination file for write access with open(), but I am unsure of how to
use read() and write().

I know read takes my file descriptor (fd) of the source file I opened as its
1st arguement. For the second, I need to put those bytes in some sort of
buffer right? Could I just write them directly to the destination file
instead of storing into a buffer? Well if I have to make a buffer for input
I read in I do this:

c = (char *) calloc(100, sizeof(char));

Is that right? If I do this will it work for all files whether they are
binary or ascii files?

The 3rd arg of read() takes in how many  bytes to read, how do I tell it to
read in the entire source file?

So for read, this is what I have so far: read(fd, c, ????) where fd is my
source file descriptor and c as define above.

As for write, I have: write(fd2, ???, ???) where fd2 is the file descriptor
of my destination file. How do I specify it to write what I read from the
input source file and write all of those bytes inputted? Thanks for any
help.

2. ASUS M2N-NX lancard

3. Need help writing C program using UNIX system calls (read, write, etc) that copies files

4. Recommendations (for 10BT ethernet and RAM) needed.

5. Q: UNIX SERIAL PORT/MODEM PROGRAMMING. NEED HELP!

6. Firewall: Accesing remoteserver's X Windows

7. Parallel port programming (was Game port programming)

8. Wireless networking by Zoom

9. Best way to write plug-ins?

10. Need to "write" a monitor program

11. Network monitoring programs..how to write one..

12. Parallel Port programming question, was "Serial Port Programming"

13. Wingz add-ins - how to write