Solaris 8 Parallel Port problem on SPARC

Solaris 8 Parallel Port problem on SPARC

Post by CrazyMa » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 02:39:22

Hi all!

I'm having problems while talking to a parallel port on Solaris 8 on
SPARC. After doing an open, I tried to set it to the compatible mode
using ioctl(fd, ECPP_COMP_MODE, ..) but the command did not succed. I
did the same thing on Solaris 2.6, then it worked. Does anyone know
any problem or driver change in Parrallel port interface. I read the
"man ecpp", they're supposed to be the same.

Thanks for any response.

1. port below the parallel port on the Sparc 20

Sun makes a little 8-inch pigtail which converts the special output to
AUI (thicknet).  You can use a microtransciever to get 10 base 2
(thin coax), unless I'm mistaken.  They also have one which has an AUI
port, and a connector to an external audio speaker box.
--

Derek A. Edwards, Systems Engineer       _____/|
Integrated Solutions Center                  ' |7

  FAX:  (703) 264-6371             ASPEN:  (703) 264-2339

2. How to read FAT entry

3. Sec. Vulnerability in CIFS/9000 Server (SAMBA)

4. Parallel port problem with sparc classic

5. Solair 8 and DHCP

6. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk

7. ftp.cdrom.com

8. Multiple parallel ports/IRQ sharing/non-use of IRQ by parallel ports?

9. How do I access a Sparc parallel port from a C program?

10. Bideirectional Parallel Port (BPP) on Sparc 20

11. Ultra Sparc Parallel Port not working?

12. parallel port on Sparc?