where to find source code for C library (mktime etc.)

where to find source code for C library (mktime etc.)

Post by Lian » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:00:40

Hi,

I'm searching source code for mktime(). Do you know where to find?

Thanks in advance,
Liang

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/time/localtime.c

--
Vennlig hilsen/Best Regards
Nils Olav Sel?sdal

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:56:19

> I'm searching source code for mktime(). Do you know where to find?

ftp.gnu.org

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

1. Finding source code for mktime()

Hello,

There may be a better newsgroup for this question; if so, please let me
know what it is.  I am not a regular Linux newsgroup follower.

I am looking for the source code to the ANSI C library routine mktime().
[It does not necessarily have to be the Linux version of this routine, but
since I have access to a Linux installation I thought that would be the
easiest to find.]  I did not find it in the linux-kernel source tree, nor
in the source for gcc, and I'm at a loss on where else to look.

Since much of the source seems to be stored in RPM format, it is not easily
searchable with the "find" command.

My specific question is where I might find the source to mktime().  A more
generic question would be how to find source code for a given routine on a
Linux installation.

The machine I am using is running Red Hat Linux release 5.1.

Thanks in advance.

--Dave

2. NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 18 September 2002 NYLUG: Hans Zaunere on Adding Pizazz, Hyperaction, and Punch to Your Web Sites with PHP

3. Where to find the source code for the standard C library function gmatch?

4. No Sound on Web (Newbie)

5. where can I find source code for lp, lpq etc.

6. unable to rsh: permission denied

7. source code for programs like ls,pwd etc.

8. QUESTION,: Sybase,Solaris,Ultrasparc or Pentium

9. Socket library source code

10. Unix commands and libraries source code!

11. Need standard c library source code

12. Where is source code for "telnet", "ftp" etc.

13. Source code for gethostbyname library function