1. Position Available for SGI Performance Engineer
System Performance Engineer
Silicon Graphics, Inc. - Interactive Systems Division
Mountain View, California
I am looking for a performance engineer. The IDEAL candidate would have:
1) Excellent programming skills (Fortran and C)
2) Experience with MIPS compilers (Fortran and C)
3) Experience with Unix profiling tools and UNIX operating system
4) Knowledge of MIPS assembler, microprocessor architecture, instruction
5) Knowledge of computer system architecture
5) Good communication skills, including writing
6) Performance tuning experience
7) A competitive attitude
This person will be responsible for system performance on current and
future high end desktop systems from SGI. This includes tuning standard
benchmarks (SPEC, AIM, linpack etc.) and OS tuning. It also involves
some tuning of customer-specific benchmarks and applications for large
sales opportunities. This person will follow up with the compiler group,
OS group, and system design groups with performance improvements or fixes
for these systems. I am looking for someone who can use Unix performance
tools (pixie, prof and others) to tune code for the best possible results.
This position is key to communicating our performance capabilities to
other engineering groups, the press, marketing groups, and our sales
force. Therefore, this person must have good communication skills,
including clear and concise technical writing skills and experience in
public speaking to large groups. Understanding the strengths and
of the system and developing strategies to compete with other
is very important. Conveying that information to appropriate marketing
groups and the sales force is critical.
REQUIRED Education and Experience (Qualifications)
- CS/EE degree (if new college graduate, GPA must be over 3.5 out of 4.0)
- Experience tuning code in a Unix environment (at least two years
but new college graduates are welcome to apply if they have performance
- Knowledge of C, FORTRAN, development tools, and performance tools
in a Unix environment.
- Understanding of modern CPU and system architectures.
- Ability and desire to communicate performance issues at both a
and non-technical level.
This is not strictly an entry position, nor is it strictly a senior
position. Performance expectations and salary will obviously scale
with the applicant's qualifications and amount of experience.
If you are interested, please send an ASCII or Postscript resume to
formats will likely be routed to the circular file.
Desktop Performance Engineering Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
2. Redhat 6.1 not detecting Adaptec 2906 on VIA chipset PCI
3. problem upgrading to 4.7-STABLE
4. Two Senior Unix Engineering positions available in Minneapolis, MN
5. FS SUN 4/25FM-8
6. Positions available - Unix System Engineers
7. A happy 0.98 patch-3 camper.
8. linux s/w engineer position available
9. Two Senior Unix Engineering positions available in Minneapolis, MN
10. Are there any freely available Reverse Engineering tools available for 'C' ?
11. System Engineer Position
12. Software Engineer position in Pittsburgh