Berkeley type "fast find" or equivalent for Solaris 2.6?

Post by Tim J Goodw » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I'd really like this functionality that was taken away when Sun went to
>Solaris from SunOS. Is there anything out there that will do the same job for
>me?

The FSF findutils package includes `locate'.  (The command had to be
renamed after POSIX decided that a bare `find' should mean `find .
-print'.)

    ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/gnu/findutils/

Tim.
--
Tim Goodwin       | "The FSF likes to write programs that require twice as much
Univ of Leicester | memory as your machine has today :-) ." -- Steve Summit