Platform independent help system

Post by Rainer Ze » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have to develop an online help for a software under MS WINDOWS and
UNIX. So I'm looking for a help system which is easy to develop
(authoring tools !!) and easy to understand for the customer and which
does work on both platforms (e.g. HTML). WinHelp seams to be quiet
good, but it doesn't work under UNIX. Does anybody has some experience
with this problem?

Thanks for your help

Rainer Zewe
Poppenhaeger GRIPS GmbH
Germany

Platform independent help system

Post by Gert Rij » Sat, 08 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
i haven't tried it but Bristol Technology (www.bristol.com), specializing
in cross-platform products, has a winhelp-compatible product for unix.
hth,
        Gert
--

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Kent To » Sun, 09 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>> Hi,

>> I have to develop an online help for a software under MS WINDOWS and
>> UNIX. So I'm looking for a help system which is easy to develop
>> (authoring tools !!) and easy to understand for the customer and which
>> does work on both platforms (e.g. HTML). WinHelp seams to be quiet
>> good, but it doesn't work under UNIX. Does anybody has some experience
>> with this problem?

Since you already mention HTML, why not just use HTML?

---
Kent Tong
v3 is out!!!
Freeman Installer ==> http://www.netnet.net/users/freeman/