CPU Usage and Memory avaiable-WinNT & Solaris

CPU Usage and Memory avaiable-WinNT & Solaris

Post by Deepashree » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:03:09

Hi,
Can anyone give me some pointers or links to information
 on how to identify a CPU usage , the amount of memory avaiable,
programatically  on  the Windows NT & Solaris operating system?
Thank in advance
Deepashree.k

1. How to find out the cpu usage, real & virtual memory usage ?

Hi
I am supposed to write a small application (agent) that reports the
cpu usage, real(physical) memory and virtual meomry usage of a host to
a system management application (ie the manager) via tcp/ip.

I have a few questions regarding working out the total cpu usage, the
total amount of physical and virtual memory being used by all
processes running on a workstation.

The first question is, I have learnt that the use of the kstat/kvm API
will give me the access to such parameters but I havent been able to
find enough information on this.  so If anyone can point me to the
right direction I will be very thankful. I have looked thru the books
that came with the OS but no luck there.

The second question, and probably a more fundamemtal one is that, from
what Ive heard from the SUN help desk, it isnt possible to work out
the total amount of physical memory used by all processses on a
system, even if I can figure out how much is being used by a given
process, since there is no way to find out how much memory is shared
between processes (e.g shared library). I was wondering if anyone from
this NG can confirm this.
If that is the case, that I guess I will have to make do with the sum
of the amounts of memory each process occupies, which will somehow be
larger than the actual amount of the physical memory being used.

Any help will be much appreciated, TIA.

2. 1997 Disaster Recovery Sourcebook

3. Quota-like limit on cpu-usage/memory-usage...

4. New DVD decrypter

5. System info (cpu usage, memory usage, etc) using SNMP?

6. Help needed for IRIX ...

7. Memory & CPU time usage

8. What is the status of framebuffer drivers for i386?

9. How can I get CPU usage & mem usage in my program?

10. how to find CPU usages on 6-CPU Sun 3000 with Solaris 5.2?

11. Monitor CPU and Memory usage

12. What is the best way to monitor memory and CPU usage in AIX 4.3.3

13. CPU time and memory usage