shared libraries

Post by gekange » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know how I can create a shared library(.so) in unix and
include another shared library. I need to load
this library in a java application. The shared library I need to
include is a Off the shelf library package that I need
to include. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

1. Will strip(debug shared library) == nodebug shared library ?

compiling the C++ code without debug option to produce object
files(.o) and then producing the shared library with them. Say, the
size of this library is SIZE_SO_NoD.

compiling the C++ code with debug option to produce object files(.o)
and then producing the shared library with them. Then, do 'strip
library_name'. Say, the size of this library is SIZE_SO_D.

Will SIZE_SO_NoD & SIZE_SO_D be exactly/almost equal ? If yes/no, why?
Also, what exactly 'mcs -d library_name' do? Does it reduce symbols
from the shared library which was produced without debug option also?

2. Re Aix device drivers

3. Help with building shared libraries with dependencies on other shared libraries

4. emergency solved

5. Question: Inclusion of shared libraries during linking of shared libraries

6. Linux, 3C900 Boomarang PCI Combo & Buslogic 958 SCSI conflict

7. Shared library loading shared library.

8. how do I restrict user's FTP access to certain directory only

9. Need a Shared Library Guru: beyond simple shared library question

10. When is a shared library not a shared library?

11. Compiling static libraries as shared libraries

12. Building shared library which includes static libraries

13. Can a static library be compiled into a shared library?