Wanted: libraries to write Excel files on Unix

Wanted: libraries to write Excel files on Unix

Post by Michael Scha » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 17:47:23

Hi there,

Does anybody know whether there exist libraries to write Excel
files (and preferably also Lotus files) from C on a machine
running HP-UX 9? They would need to support some formatting,
like bold fonts and borders.

Thanks,
    Michael
--

 \--/=/ Keizersgracht 62-64           |  Phone number    | - The Giant
  \/\/  1015 CS  Amsterdam            | +31-20-5207550   |        in Twin Peaks

Wanted: libraries to write Excel files on Unix

Post by Russell Schu » Sat, 16 Jul 1994 00:49:47

(comp.apps.spreadsheet isn't a group)

> Does anybody know whether there exist libraries to write Excel
> files (and preferably also Lotus files) from C on a machine
> running HP-UX 9? They would need to support some formatting,
> like bold fonts and borders.

we just got the Excel SDK at work.  it details the file format, so
if you wanted to, you could probably find some starving student,
pay him a few bucks, buy the book, and there you are.

neither matched headers.