To crontab or NOT to crontab!!!

Post by Khalid Mubiree » Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Dear ALL,

I need to know if there is a way to create a crontab to do the
following task:

cp file1 file2

I do not have enough space on my server and the system dump files that
I need to
empty every day. If  I don't empty these files manually they will get
bigger and bigger.
I need the system to take care of this task automatically. Crontab
might not be good
idea, but what else???

Thank you very much!

--
Khalid Mubireek,  Web Master
The Islamic and Arabic arts and architecture Org.

1. crontab -e or crontab -l is not functioning properly

Hello Group!

 I have situation with crontab -e and crontab -l commands not
functioning properly on an Utlra 1 running SUN Solaris 5.8 Patch_Level
is 13. It was
working fine until one of the Windows Admins tried to edit the crontab
file through a text editor instead of vi. He overwrote the original
files
when he saved the changes to the crontab file. So now when you type in
the
commands <crontab -e> or <crontab -l> you get this error message
below:

#ld.so.l:crontab: fatal: relocation error: file crontab: symbol
audit_crontab_not_allowed: referenced symbol not found.
killed
#

Can anyone shead some light to how I can fix this issue with the
crontab
command?

2. PPP routing problem

3. crontab problem: I can't run a java program via crontab

4. Idenifying undefined variable in csh?

5. crontab entries generate error message; problem with ownership of crontab file?

6. Mail prob w/ SLS 1.03

7. fix to crontab problem ("no changes made to crontab")

8. Diamond Viper

9. link a crontab -> "crontab -e" remove link

10. RH difference between /etc/crontab and crontab -e

11. Crontab not mailing command output

12. the specified scripts was not running at specified time in crontab

13. Q: vold is not running and crontab/ed