any way to determine path alias' from www server?

any way to determine path alias' from www server?

Post by Alan Wein » Mon, 28 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Is there any way (assuming root access) of determining the aliases defined in a WWW server?

|   A man said to the Universe: "Sir, I exist!"                      |
|   "However," replied the Universe,                                 |
|   "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."          |
|                                -- Stephen Crane                    |
 Visit my World Wide Web home page at:
       <A HREF="http://www.clark.net/pub/alweiner/cgi-bin/homepage.cgi">Alan's Home Page</A>

1. zsh's 'typeset -U path' wipes out path/PATH

I've found a bug (or at best a very perverse "feature") in zsh; it
can be illustrated by the following three short scripts:

# script_A
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
echo $#path
typeset -U path
echo $#path
# eof

# script_B
source script_A
# eof

# script_C
c_fxn () { source script_A }
c_fxn
# eof

Note that both the contents of script_B and the body of the function
c_fxn defined in script_C consist of the same one line, namely
"source script_A".  Now,

% source script_B
3
3
% source script_C
3
0

In words, when script_A is sourced within a script that is itself
being sourced, typeset -U path preserves the components of PATH
(or at least their number), but if script_A is sourced within the
body of a *function*, calling the function causes the expression
typeset -U path to *clear* the contents of PATH.

Please-please-please don't tell me this is a feature!  I'd lose
all faith in the designers of zsh if this turns out to be a feature!

More importantly, how does one get around this problem.  I've tried
saving the value of $path before calling 'typeset -U' on it, and
restoring it afterwards, but the results have been disastrous (I've
tried too many variants to describe them all).

kj

2. recovering dir

3. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

4. Ghostscript problem

5. Determining programs' path?

6. valid chars for password?

7. determine path of dlopen'd file?

8. ppp

9. IFCONFIG with alias option for Apache WWW Server NeXT

10. need to set up NIS for WWW server alias ?

11. www virtual server using ifconfig alias

12. Need to set up NIS+ for WWW server alias ?

13. 7 of 8 Aliases Serve WWW but Can Not Be Ping'd