WWW Page for C++ Tools (was Re: Unix Development software - C++ etc.)

Post by Ralf B. Lukn » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> I am interested in developing under UNIX and am at a loss as to what
> products may be best.  I know SCO, Unixware, and others have development

I have prepared a report evaluating C++ programming tools, including
integrated development environments, GUI Builders, Graphing and Drawing
Widgets, and Debugging/Testing Tools.

The report is available via anonymous ftp or by a world-wide web (WWW)
browser such as mosaic or netscape.

* WWW site

        Open the following location/file:

                http://www.che.utexas.edu/fluids-group/cpp_tools_eval.html

        This page has convenient links for viewing or downloading the report
        and some interesting (related) Internet sites.

* anonymous ftp to

        ftp.che.utexas.edu

      (login as 'anonymous' and set your email address as the password).

  The files are in directory

        pub/PasteFlow/Reports

Sincerely,
--Ralf

1. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

: :
: : Personally I believe C++ leaped off the edge, and they should have
: : never added templates, but that is my personal opinion.
:
: I think implicit instantiation of templates was definitely jumping off
: the deep end. Explicit instantiation seems more reasonable and within
: the realm of human capabilities to implement robustly.
:

Can someone explain this to me?  I don't know much about compiler
implementation, and would like to know why templates are so troublesome.
As a developer, I find them very useful.

: Larry Edwards
--
Jerry J. Shekhel

                ,    ,                         ,
"Is maith liom Mi Mheain an tSamhraidh." - M. Ni Chobhthaigh

2. how do I get on WWW via this freenet? help

3. Unix Development software - C++ etc.

4. Windows'95 & OS/2 sux, Linux, DOS and System 7 are good

5. EIDE Tape drives for Ultra5/10?

6. C++ development tools in UNIX

7. Intermittent sound after new MB & CPU

8. >>PW:C/C++ UNIX ANALYST/PROGRAMMER: Unix, Sun, Solaris 2.x, C/C++

9. Info development tools (Fortran & C++)

10. Development Tools C/C++

11. The C/C++ development tools under linux

12. Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?