HELP: communication interface between kernel thread and user thread.

HELP: communication interface between kernel thread and user thread.

Post by Seunghwan, Le » Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi

I am programming user thread and kernel thread.
The kernel thread is built in loadable module.
So I want to synchronize two kinds of thread.
How to communicate messages between these threads?
I want to know how to share buffer between these threads.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Seunghwan, Lee

HELP: communication interface between kernel thread and user thread.

Post by Mukul Kuma » Sun, 29 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Threads share the address of a process .
So use a global variable holding the address of this buffer.
And synchronize access of this buffer by a reader-writer lock.

Does that make sense ?

Mukul.

--
_____________________________________

1. threads packages: kernel threads vs. user threads

Hello,

There seem to be other C or C++ language compatible thread packages
besides the standard POSIX 1003.1-2001 thread-related system calls.
For instance Qt implements some thread class code. I would imagine
that implementations which use kernel threads as opposed to user
threads would be based on the POSIX calls. Is this correct? What
other thread packages are available besides the POSIX ones? Just
speculating. Which packages are kernel thread based and which
ones are user thread based?

Thank you for your feedback,

Neil

2. Installation of RedHat Linux 7 with PartitionMagic 5

3. HELP: communication between kernel and user threads

4. What's the proper way to shutdown X while it's running?

5. kernel Thread VS user-level thread

6. Xm++ version 0.62

7. kernel thread VS user space thread in linux

8. T

9. Linux posix threads and X11R6's thread interface

10. Threads, threads, threads

11. Threads in linux versus threads in NT and threads in Solaris.

12. POSIX threads, thread-specific data: what about the "main" thread?