PAM Module under Solaris

Post by Alfred Steppe » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:09:04

Hi there,

Ive written a PAM module which acts as a password strength checker.
It`s the first modul in the password stack, followed by the original
solaris pam_unix.so.1,
(with option try_first_pass set) which actually does the Modification of
/etc/shadow.

Now, everything works fine, as long as I change my password using the
passwd command.
But if my password expires and I am forced to change it at login time,
pam_unix.so.1 doesn`t seem to reckognize the old and new password my
module allready read in
and stored using pam_set_item. Instead it asks again for login and new
password.

Is there an error in my module or is this a bug of solaris?

Thanks.