I need a good C++ compiler for SGI/IRIX 5.3

I need a good C++ compiler for SGI/IRIX 5.3

Post by Art Uller » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hello all,

I am currently looking for a C++ compiler for my company to run on SGI Indy's
with IRIX 5.3.  We currenly have cfront but are looking for something better.
The compiler must be able to support templates (so that we may use the STL).
We would also like it to support exceptions.  Also, namespaces and RTTI would
be a plus.

I have considered gcc 2.7.2, however, I am leary of its template support.  Also,
it does not support exceptions on MIPS based platforms.

I am also looking at Edision Design Group.  I understand that it is a front-end
and not a full blown compiler, but that is ok.  I have been to their web page
(http://www.edg.com/) and it seems promising.

I would like any information from people who are actually using EDG.  Also, if
anybody has any suggestions for another compiler, I would like that too.  Any
help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

---Art

I need a good C++ compiler for SGI/IRIX 5.3

Post by Michey Meh » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

The standard C++ compiler on SGI IRIX 5.3 is a native C++ compiler
based on the C++ front-end from Edision Design Group. It supports
templates, and supports exceptions with Patch 1130.

--
Michey Mehta
Silicon Graphics

1. Apache 1.1 on SGI IRIX 5.3

Hi Apache Guys

I have this big problem.. It's not possible to start the Apache Server on my
Silicon Graphics with IRIX 5.3.. The following Error-Message will be displayd:

server2 32# ./httpd -f /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
Error getting local address
server2 33#

what can i do to solv this problem.. because i have to set up this server, and
i would like to use Apache 1.1

Thanks for help..

2. Compaq 4880 - Good or Bad?

3. Sending printer control codes via lpr on SGI Irix 5.3

4. Trobule running "chat"

5. Public Domain NIS/NFS that works with SGI's IRIX 5.3

6. Kernel Locking Up

7. tcsh on SGI irix 5.3 won't ^Z

8. Netgear FA 410TX on a Sony Vaio laptop

9. Apache binary for SGI Irix 5.3

10. SGI IRIX 5.3 + Excite 1.1p1

11. compiled appache for sgi irix 5.3

12. SGI/IRIX 5.3 arp storms:

13. URGENT HELP: SGI UNIX IRIX 5.3 box won't boot ("cannot load /sash:)