Keep The SEGWAY Off Our Sidewalks & Streets! ------ #randum

Post by Alan Conno » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:36:50

Quote:> Noting good can come from this new personal transpiration device. It will only serve
> to make Americans FATTER  than they already are, by reducing exercise.
> Just what this critically obese society needs now, right?

> In addition, it will create hazards and annoyances on our sidewalks.  Even if we
> restrict it to streets (assuming such rules could be enforced), it will slow traffic
> and cause hazards there as well.

> Let's take this singular opportunity to head this quality-of-life disaster off at the pass!
> Contact your elected representatives and tell them to restrict this useless, indulgent
> device to PRIVATE PROPERTY ONLY.

> Thanks!
> -

Good idea. And be sure to boycott any business that is selling the stupid
things.

alanc

Quote:> -

Post by wendal » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:59:46

> > Noting good can come from this new personal transpiration device. It will only serve
> > to make Americans FATTER  than they already are, by reducing exercise.
> > Just what this critically obese society needs now, right?

> > In addition, it will create hazards and annoyances on our sidewalks.  Even if we
> > restrict it to streets (assuming such rules could be enforced), it will slow traffic
> > and cause hazards there as well.

> > Let's take this singular opportunity to head this quality-of-life disaster off at the pass!
> > Contact your elected representatives and tell them to restrict this useless, indulgent
> > device to PRIVATE PROPERTY ONLY.

> > Thanks!
> > -

> Good idea. And be sure to boycott any business that is selling the stupid
> things.

I don't think there will be much problem, since there aren't many people
who will say something like this and really mean it:

Hey, only $4,950.00 at amazon.com for what amounts to a gyroscopically
stablized battery-powered scooter with a top speed of maybe six miles
per hour.  I always wanted a way to blow a month's pay on something
totally frivolous, nearly useless and *ly overpiced instead of
things like taxes, rent, car payments, food, utilities and clothing --
and now I CAN!  Yay!

Post by Alan Conno » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:53:54

>> > Noting good can come from this new personal transpiration device. It will only serve
>> > to make Americans FATTER  than they already are, by reducing exercise.
>> > Just what this critically obese society needs now, right?

>> > In addition, it will create hazards and annoyances on our sidewalks.  Even if we
>> > restrict it to streets (assuming such rules could be enforced), it will slow traffic
>> > and cause hazards there as well.

>> > Let's take this singular opportunity to head this quality-of-life disaster off at the pass!
>> > Contact your elected representatives and tell them to restrict this useless, indulgent
>> > device to PRIVATE PROPERTY ONLY.

>> > Thanks!
>> > -

>> Good idea. And be sure to boycott any business that is selling the stupid
>> things.

> I don't think there will be much problem, since there aren't many people
> who will say something like this and really mean it:

Won't do business with Amazon as long as they sell those idiotic toys,
and am sending them a note to that effect. Thanks for letting us know that
they ARE selling them...

Quote:> Hey, only $4,950.00 at amazon.com for what amounts to a gyroscopically
> stablized battery-powered scooter with a top speed of maybe six miles
> per hour.  I always wanted a way to blow a month's pay on something
> totally frivolous, nearly useless and *ly overpiced instead of
> things like taxes, rent, car payments, food, utilities and clothing --
> and now I CAN!  Yay!

Exactly.

alanc

Keep The SEGWAY Off Our Sidewalks & Streets! ------ #randum

Post by Peter da Sil » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:25:51

Quote:> Won't do business with Amazon as long as they sell those idiotic toys,
> and am sending them a note to that effect. Thanks for letting us know that
> they ARE selling them...

Why is it any skin off your nose that Amazon's selling a gadget that
hardly anybody's going to buy?

--
#!/usr/bin/perl

Peter da Silva, just another Perl poseur.