Fingering a Novell network under UNIX

Post by AAMIR MEHMOO » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

OK I have a very interesting question which I hope someone could answer
for me.
About a year ago there was a student at my University had a complied a
program under UNIX which works like USERLIST on a Novell network. I use
to use this a lot to find where my friends are logged on. He made it
publically usable but now he's gone and won't tell how its did it.
Do this have something to do with SPX/IPX and TCPIP packets ?

Any info would be great.

Aamir

1. FINGER: How can I know who is fingering or fingered me?

Hi, netters,

Does anybody know if I can aware somebody is fingering me or once fingered
me? If yes, can you tell me how? I once saw such kind of discussions here. I
think it is enough to know which machine is fingering me.

Many thanks.

--Yang Wang
------------------------------
Dept. of Systems Design Engg.
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ont. Canada N2L 3G1

2. Convert MSDOS<-->Unix Text Files

3. "Novell-like","non-TCP/IP","networking" OS to place Unix

4. Apache not passing multipart/form-data to tomcat

5. Accessing Novell network printer from UNIX

6. Fvwm95/xconsole -C

7. Printing from unix to printer queue in Novell Network

8. With Linux 2.4.1, soundcard ES1371 is too quiet

9. Novell Network Services for Unix User?

10. JOB: Network Tech- Novell, Unix, Internet- Colorado

11. Dilemma: Need Network Printing Solution for Novell and Unix

12. CA-Irvine-Novell/UNIX Network Administrator

13. Print from Novell network PC to Solaris network Printer