Real time clock (RTC) and UNIX

Post by Primary Industries Trading Gm » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We are running SCO UNIX Rel. 3.2 v4.0 on a Compaq SystemPro.
As per Compaq, theSystemPro (no Flash ROM) will not handle the
year 2000 correctly.

However, can SCO UNIX recognize the year 2000 and change/write
into the real time clock of that computer or is it necessary
to do
that date change manually on the 01.01.2000 ?

Regards
Friedrich Kriesmann

1. Kernel Real Time Clock (RTC) Support for I2C Devices

I have been unable to find an answer for this in the LKML archives, so I
am hoping someone on this list might perhaps have some insight or pointers
thereto on this question.

I have an embedded board with a PowerPC 405GP on which Linux 2.4.2
(MontaVista's version thereof) is running swimmingly. Attached to that
PowerPC's I2C controller is a Dallas DS1307 I2C RTC.

From the looks of drivers/char/rtc.c it would appear that this kernel
driver only supports bus-attached RTCs such as the mentioned MC146818. Is
this correct?

What is the correct access method / kernel tie-in for supporting such an
I2C-based RTC device using the "standard" interfaces?

My hope is to use 'hwclock' from util-linux w/o modification. Is this
reasonable?

Thanks,

Grant Erickson

--
 Grant Erickson                       University of Minnesota Alumni

  o http://www.umn.edu/~erick205                          1998 MSEE

-

2. Do you need to register your DNS PC name to internic just like registering a www site?

3. RFD on RTC (Real Time Clock) MC146818

4. Help with dual head setup/xorg.conf on FC5?

5. RS6000 Y2K and RTC - Real-Time Clocks

6. Utility To Determine Static Libs In An Application (ldd for static libs)

7. How to convert time/date info into unix clock time

8. system snapshot

9. Real-Time Clock

10. Real time clock delay problem

11. enhanced real time clock support; how to say 'y'

12. UDB and Real Time Clock

13. Kernel bug? Real Time Clock Freezes