shared memory

Post by nde.. » Fri, 15 Jul 1994 00:13:29

Hi everyone :-)
I am in the process of writing a multiprocessing application under. I will be using fork() system calls in order to create subprocesses that handle various types of events. Unfortunately, it seems that the various subprocesses will be producing data that will need to be shared by other subprocesses. As far as I know, the best way to accomplish this is by having each subprocess place its data in shared memory segments.  I am writing the application under SunOS 4.1.3, but I'll need to port it to AIX and HP-U

X. I am interested in knowing how portable shared memory is across platforms and if shared memory is indeed the best way to solve my problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

____
Nick