ANNOUNCE - Xpm pixmap short tutorial

Post by Neil Mack » Thu, 14 Jul 1994 19:14:48

Available from ftp.x.org /contrib/docs/xpm_tut

Tutorial objectives
        Know the applications available for creating Xpm format files.
        Know the recommended sizes for icons.
        Know the pixmaps required for a Motif button.
        Know what transparency means when referring to Xpm files.
        Know the type of functions the Xpm library offers.
        Know how to create pixmaps from Xpm format data files.
        Know how to create XImages from Xpm format data files.
        Know how to create transparent icons.

The Xpm tutorial is copyright to CoreFacts but may be freely distributed.

CoreFacts offers a fully developed 20 Module X/Motif training course
in postscript format for use by Education, Training Organisations &
Commercial Companies.
Introductory Price 995 pounds sterling, Normal price 1500
Yearly maintenance 350 pounds.

Eduation:
Cost of course 995      Average std/year 40
                        Cost/student     24.86
Training Org.
Cost of course      995 Average std/year 20
Public course cost 1000 Profit/year      19005

Companies:
Cost of course      995         Use inhouse or contracted expert.
Public course cost 1000
For a team of 10 cost per programmer 99.50
Run as fulltime, lunchtime or evening tutorial sessions.

CoreFacts runs Public X/Motif Programming courses in Cambridge, UK
Duration 5 Days.

--
Regards
Neil Mackie

Building Partnerships in Education & Training around the World

1. XPM, pixmap, and other problems

        I'm having a few troubles with various X stuff.

XPM 3.4: I can't get this to compile, it errors out on data.o with error
126. What's that? I can install the stuff under the R6 dir that came with
it, but apparently this isn't everything.

Pixmap: y'know, the editor. It can't find the xpm headers (see above) when
I try to compile it. I tried taking the ones out of the src dir in XPM,
but apparently that ain't gonna work :(

        If someone has a spare clue to give to a bonehead like me about
this whole XPM thing, I'd really appreciate it.

        The last problem I'm having is a general one, dealing with
linking. On _some_ programs, when gcc does -lX11 it can't find it. Why?
What's it looking for, and how do I tell it where to go? On some stuff,
no problem, on others, no way. *shrug* Any help here gratefully recieved
as well.

                 T \ /

                 A / \

2. rpc lockd version mismatch

3. How to create and edit X Pixmap (.xpm) files?

4. Top 10 posters comp.unix.admin

5. rxvt and great xpm pixmaps

6. Linux 86k vs PPC

7. Help!!! Memory leak using XPM pixmaps.

8. relay option

9. HOW DO I SPECIFY A XPM Pixmap as my XApp Icon

10. An editor for xpm files (or compiled pixmap package) ?

11. ANNOUNCE: icons-0.1.tgz - a collection of xbm and xpm icons

12. "Conversion of 32x32 Pixmap into 16x16 Pixmap"

13. Announce: SVGALib tutorial(s) available