Memory Leak Detectors

Post by Geoff Calve » Tue, 19 Apr 1994 16:25:45

I am trying to find out if there are any public domain memory leak /memory
access error detectors available for UNIX.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Memory Leak Detectors

Post by Scott Schwar » Thu, 21 Apr 1994 02:04:48

   > I am trying to find out if there are any public domain memory leak
   > /memory access error detectors available for UNIX.

   One of the better ones is Electric Fence, available from your nearest
   comp.sources.unix archive.  Here's some information:

For memory leaks, get Hans Boehm's garbage collecting malloc,
parcftp.xerox.com:/pub/gc/gc.tar.Z.