C++ development tools in UNIX

Post by YuHong Jin » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone can tell me what are the C++ development tools on SCO UNIX and
Sun Solaris?

TIA

1. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

: :
: : Personally I believe C++ leaped off the edge, and they should have
: : never added templates, but that is my personal opinion.
:
: I think implicit instantiation of templates was definitely jumping off
: the deep end. Explicit instantiation seems more reasonable and within
: the realm of human capabilities to implement robustly.
:

Can someone explain this to me?  I don't know much about compiler
implementation, and would like to know why templates are so troublesome.
As a developer, I find them very useful.

: Larry Edwards
--
Jerry J. Shekhel

                ,    ,                         ,
"Is maith liom Mi Mheain an tSamhraidh." - M. Ni Chobhthaigh

2. pcomm2.0.1** cannot access IPC chanel ** HELP

3. WWW Page for C++ Tools (was Re: Unix Development software - C++ etc.)

4. 3Com 3C905 100bTX ??

5. Info development tools (Fortran & C++)

6. automake conditional compilation technicality

7. Development Tools C/C++

8. IEEE Standards (OT?)

9. The C/C++ development tools under linux

10. Is there aIntegrated Development Tool like Borland C++, Borland J++ for linux?

11. New C++ Development tool for Apache 2.0

12. Announcement: Target, C++ development tool release 1.2

13. Best Linux C++/C Development Tools?