converting date and time to unix time

Post by Korgan » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:45:06

hi , does anyone happen to have a function or program
that will read in a date and time, then convert it to unix/epoch time
thanks

Post by c.. » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

+ hi , does anyone happen to have a function or program
+ that will read in a date and time, then convert it to unix/epoch time

man mktime
hth,

1. How to convert time/date info into unix clock time

I want to convert time/date data into unix clock time (which is the
number of seconds since 00:00:00 GMT Jan 1, 1970.)  For instance,
I should be able to compute the clock time for 00:00:00 EST Dec 25, 1990.

Unix provides several function (see man ctime) for conversion of the unix
clock time into ASCII form.  But I cannot find a utility to do the opposite.

Is there an easy way short of adding up all the seconds since the epoch?

--
Rouben Rostamian                               Telephone: (301) 455-2458
Department of Mathematics and Statistics       e-mail:

2. Password checking robot

3. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

4. Suppressing messages from sound module

5. Converting Unix time to Normal time

6. High init process CPU load

7. Time routine for ksh to convert to unix time.

8. How can I install CL-5436 PCI graphic card ?

9. SVR3 routine to convert ASCII time to UNIX time?

10. Convert Human time to UNIX time?

11. ctime - convert UNIX time to human time

12. date/time of a file compare with current date/time

13. run time date and syslog date/time conflict